Where (which folder) do I put my images ?
You must put your images in the folder "images" of your Joomla website (or in a subfolder of "images").
What is the best size for my images ?
It's free and that depend of the size of your slideshow. I recommend you 2 things :
- Choose a size close to your slideshow
- All your images must have the same size. It's essential if the height of your slideshow is fluid.
If I choose an height fixed for my slideshow, the images are cropped. Why ?
With this slideshow, your images are never distorted and always centered. Moreover, the width of the slideshow is always the maximum width available of your module position.
So if the size of the slideshow isn't the same ratio than your images, the images will be cropped in width or in height.
The animation on scroll doesn't work on mobiles. Is it normal ?
Yes it's normal. This option is disabled on mobiles to prevent a critical problem with the scrolling of your website on mobiles.
Animation "Rotate title letters" for your captions
It's a CSS3 animation but I use a little script to separate each letters. I use this option for the first slide of this demo.
I recommend you to use a bold font with a big size (the demo load the font Oswald in 45px).
- You can display several instance of the slideshow on the same page. If you make that, you must disable the "Effects on scroll" for all the copy of the module. This option work only for 1 slideshow
- With Joomla 2.5, the field of color picker can't be empty. So you must choose again the correct color of your title and text for all images, or delete all these fields if you want keep the default settings of the section "Options of captions". It's annoying but Joomla 2.5 is no longer supported ....
- In the section "Theme --> Options of Custom theme" you can display a shadow on the Top and on the Bottom of each image. If you active that, you mustn't active the following option "border around the slideshow"
The animations of the caption work only in modern browser. If you have most serious problem, I recommend you to publish only one instance of the slideshow to determine what is the cause.
A problem with a single slideshow
This is the procedure to find the cause and the solution :
- Look the first option of the section "General". You can load or not Jquery. By default, this option is disabled because Joomla 3.X load already Jquery. But with Joomla 2.5 and perhaps with some templates, you can active this option.
A problem with several slideshow on the same page
You can display several instance of the slideshow on the same page. If you make that, you must disable the "Effects on scroll" for all the copy of the module. This option work only for 1 slideshow